Monday, June 25, 2012

The Twilight Explosion

                       Dreams, Vampires and Stephanie Meyers

One evening, I was watching Oprah and I saw a young writer speaking about her new book that was just published. I listened intently because I had always wanted to be a writer myself. She looked directly into the camera and said, “If I can do it, you can! If you have a desire to be a writer you should pursue it!” That message seemed just for me. Not only did I listen to her, but I published my first novel, Radiance:Love after Death last year with XOXO Publishing. Let me tell you some things about her amazing story.
The world has been taken by storm these past couple of years by this English major from Bingham Young University. Her name is Stephanie Meyers and everyone on the planet knows she is the author of the bestselling Twilight series. Captivated by a dream one night, she took pen to paper and fell into writing an epic saga of vampires, werewolves and the Voultari. The publishing world was taken by surprise with this young mother of three boys, especially since she was of Mormon faith and literally an unknown author.
She sent her manuscript out to 15 publishers and got just one bite. Twilight was found in a slush pile {rejection bin} and bought by Little and Brown for $750,000. Shortly after, she dominated the best-seller list and Amazon deemed her the most prolific writer of our times. In three years of publication and eight million books later, she was now in the eyes of movie industry and Twilight came to life on film. The rest is history.
Now, 100 million books later, she has a couple of new titles: producer and clothing designer.  She has been listed as one of the top most influential people in Time magazine and also included in Forbes. Her annual earnings are hovering at 50 million dollars. The unique author also rocked the music industry by including a play list packed with bands like Muse and Linkin Park. The writing world has changed forever. Anyone who can sell a 100 million books is well…my hero or heroine in this case.
She gave me the courage to believe in myself and I am happy I saw her interview that day. She inspired me to follow my heart and I hope you will check out my book, Radiance:Love after Death that is being sold in major book stores.
Buy links and Social sites:
XOXO Publishing  http://t.co/skrRzpQD
http://debrajayneeast.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/juliet2cool4u